Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Room inspiration

Cleaning out my closet.  Literally.  Figuratively.  Blah blah blah. 

I moved back home when I finished uni and had to get everything I own into my Teenage Room and 6 huge plastic boxes.  Fun fact:  everything in my closet is flowered (it's a colour!), black or dark green.  

I'm slowly working on getting rid of everything I don't need or have a serious attachment to.  And trying to break serious attachments to things I don't really need.   






Said Teenage Room was dark and brooding (indigo blue walls, black carpet, maroon sheets) and overly cluttered with antiques and other sentimental doo-dads and collectibles.  It's also in a dark and rather  (imho) uninviting corner of the basement of our 1920s family home.  I hate it and spend little time in it.  I'm thinking of off white, slightly warm tone of white/cream with natural wood detailing and hardwood floors.  Perhaps throw in some muted tones of gray and gray brown.  And everything light and airy.  I also want French doors that open on to a balcony.  

Ok, I live in the basement.  There is no hardwood down there.  Or light.  Or air.  (I do have French doors, but they are on my closet).  Still, a girl can dream.  I don't like clutter or distraction in my bedroom.  Or darkness.

Behold, inspiration:












My bathroom was redone a few years ago and is still pretty alright, but still:
I'm also lazy as all fuck.  I'll never get around to painting it and getting new crisp white sheets sheets.  It's probably not worth it considering the relatively short period of time I'll be here and how much I avoid my room regardless of how chic and clutter free it is.  I'll probably continue to reside in my dark and dingy corner of our 1920s family home in my Teenage Room until I get a (real) job and GTFO.

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment